Licensed Practical Nurse
Full-Time – 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. with flexible hours including nights, weekend and holidays on-call on a rotating basis. Must be willing to rotate holiday schedule as needed.
The LPN performs assigned duties related to the provision of health care for the comfort and well-being of the Medical Mission Sisters on the campus in a residential care setting. The on-call portion also covers the 12 Sisters residing in local facilities. The LPN is a member of the team consisting of Health Care Manager, Residential Care Coordinator, Registered Nurse, Personal Care Assistants, and Home Health Aids, providing direct health care to the Sisters.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Valid Pennsylvania LPN License
• Successful experience of at least 3 years of more in the field of nursing and/or gerontology
• Awareness of general physical, mental and spiritual changes that accompany illness and aging
• Sensitivity and willingness to listen to individual concerns of ill or aging Sisters
• Ability to work on-call on a rotating basis
• Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational, written, and oral communications skills, including basic computer skills
• Initiative, prudent judgment, consultative skills that instills confidence
• Strong personal integrity and commitment to ethical principles
• Ability to establish and rearrange work priorities
• Ability to communicate with and direct staff as needs arise
• Observant and detail oriented, able to follow through, willing to learn, a sense of humor
A valid PA Driver’s License is required.
If interested, please include cover letter, resume, and anticipated salary requirements to email@example.com or mail to: Laurie Jacobs, HR Generalist, Medical Mission Sisters, 8400 Pine Road, Philadelphia, PA 19111. No phone calls please.