Residential Support Staff Member
The Residential Support Staff Member assists in maintaining a home environment for an aging population with varying levels of help needed.
Full-time: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Part-time could be a possibility.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Experience in working with a geriatric population and knowledge of the aging process.
A certain comfort level with cognitive decline, chronic illness, hospice care and death
are a necessary attribute.
• An interest in developing a home environment for women needing some assistance in
daily living on the Sisters’ campus as well as assistance for those living in the
residential care facilities off campus when necessary
• Some clinical training or experience in personal care of the elderly would be an advantage
• Attending to personal care of sisters in their residences (Shalom and otherwise) upon
request: assisting with bath, personal laundry, bed making, etc.
• Ability to drive and acquire directions for Sisters’ doctor appointments, medications,
transportation to activities when needed, etc.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work; manage multiple tasks, and pay close attention to
• Complete tasks and structure workday with minimal supervision
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality and exercise sound judgment
• Respond calmly and provide reassurance during a medical crisis
• Effectively cope with a variety of personalities and situations
• Ability to communicate courteously and effectively in person and on the telephone
• Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing up to 25 pounds
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Valid PA Driver’s license
If interested, please send resume or letter of experience to Laurie Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org.